Friday, March 28, 2014

13. Day 8 post op - 1st day out and about

So today was the first day I really spent time doing things other than a Dr appointment.   We all I really did was go to Breakfast with my wife,  a quick stop at the DMV, and went  grocery shopping with my wife.

The only gripes I really have is that my brace was killing my back.  I don't know if it makes me sit funny to avoid it digging into my back or what,  but by the time I was done eating I was more than ready to walk around. 


The DMV where I'm from is usually a 5 minute trip,  which it was again,  thankfully.   The trio to the supermarket,  even though I used the electric scooter cart, was terrible.  I was getting a rush of super sleepiness, and I just couldn't get my back comfortable.  I tried adjusting the pad but nothing worked until I got home and took the whole thing off. 


All day my back was killing me.  I couldn't sit in one spot for more than 15 minutes without having to get up and stretch.  I'm sure I'm using new muscles to compensate,  and me cutting off the prescription meds let the pain come out.  I'm finding it better to lay in bed with the CPM. 


Sitting inside is getting me a little stir crazy but luckily (if you want to call it lucky) is still nut nice enough to be outside.  I get to people watch a little out my window and luckily I have amusing neighbors to keep me entertained! 


Even though I sometimes find it hard to find the motivation to do my PT, I do it.  Although I do it on the floor to help my back stay flat.  While this helps me in a way,  my over clingy dog likes to cuddle. .. This pic is completely candid and is the way he lays on me,  I did not arrange his placement.... Try doing pelvic raises like this haha.... 


I may have mentioned it already,  but if you're currently recovering from FAI or are already healed,  leave a comment as to where you were at one week.  If I'm sitting in a chair with my legs out in front of me I can't bend all the way forward and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be able to or not.   The only reason it has me worried is because when I was in for my one week post op he took off my shoe and on the way out he said put your shoe on and come out.... I put the shoe on but it was very difficult and I got winded lol.....  so leave a comment and let me know! !

1 comment:

  1. I am just ahead of you with a surgery on March 18. I seem to be healing a little quicker, but I believe that is only because there was no repair done to my partial tear. My psoas was released and the bone was trimmed to address my cam impingement. I enjoy reading to see how you are doing, keep at it. Check me out here if you haven't done so...www.jillrunsforpride.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete