Friday, March 21, 2014

3. Diagnosis

I finally decided to go see a doctor.  I skipped my hometown doctor and went straight to a Sports Medicine doctor at one of Wisconsin's Medical College's.  She tried some hip movements and eventually decided to start me on therapy to see if that would help.  I did 4 or 6 weeks of therapy (1x week at facility, along with home exercises) and it didn't help.  Some of the stretches felt good, but didn't help the overall problem.  She asked if I could sit cross legged (Indian style) and I told her that I haven't been able to do that my whole life, and here I thought I was just not flexible.


The doc then gave me a temporary numbing injection into the labrum after checking with an ultrasound.  It helped.  

The next step was an MRI.  The MRI showed CAM and PINCER impingement and labrel tearing.  So there it was, I had FAI.  My next step was finding a surgeon.

Sorry for being so brief, I'm not great with technical terms, but I'm sure most people aren't, so maybe this blog will be a breath of fresh air!


No comments:

Post a Comment