Saturday, March 22, 2014

8. Day 2 post op

Don't forget to subscribe with your email or add my page to your favorites!

I'll update this as the day goes on,  something tells me i'll have some time :)

AM:  just woke up.  A little stiff this morning.  About an hour before I actually woke up my hip was super stiff so I rolled onto my good hip and slept on my side for an hour and it seemed to help a bit.   I notice my leg weighs less and isn't so full of water;  even to the touch it doesn't feel like a water balloon anymore.   I jumped right into the CPM after using the bathroom and then I'll do my PT once the CPM loosens me up.   The doc said 3 to 4 hours a day or up to 6 hours.  I'm trying to use it quite a bit, it feels so good!!!!


Please leave a comment below and let me know if you were given a Continuous Passive Motion machine for home and/or cold water therapy machine.  I'm curious as to how doctors methods differ around the world!

PM:  everything is still the same.  It still feels good to get up and walk around,  even though the crutches are killing my arm pits.  I just like stretching my legs and my bad leg too.    I have noticed that I'm starting to itch all over.  No change in meds,  but my upper arms and calves are itching the worst,  my groin a little and thighs.  The incision sights are fine,  they don't itch a bit.

I said I would keep things real, so I may as well mention that I've been urinating on my own and pretty frequently, however, I still havn't had a bowel movement for over 48 hours.  I've had a few glasses of prune juice (gross) but hopefully tonight I will be able to use the restroom.  I don't feel constipated or anything along those lines, I just don't have to go.

Well I've spent the last 3 hours in bed with my daughter watching cartoons on our laptop so it's been a pretty good day overall!  Off to bed soon, as soon as I give myself a makeshift bath (wipe down).

Tonight is my last of 5 oxys after the surgery so we shall see if the pain changes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment