Friday, March 21, 2014

2. The Injury

I started to put on some pounds and was up to about 220.  I've lost weight before, then I gain it, then lose it, then gain it.  Its hard on my body I'm sure, but I love food!!  So back in November 2012 I bought a spin bike (indoor bike) and along with 45 minute youtube video workouts, I hit it hard.  I lost about 20 pounds in 2 months and IT WAS FUN!!  Finally, and exercise routine that I actually enjoyed.  
By the way, I hate the gym.  About 3 months into it I started to feel sore in my right groin after a workout.  I took a day or two off, then tried it again.  During the workout it was fine, but afterwards it was sore.  I did this off an on for a week or two, then I took a month off and tried it again.  Same result. 

I had a constant pain but it wasn't terrible, but enough to the point that it was very annoying.  It almost felt as if I took 2 fingers and pushed them into my groin and held them there.  I could do normal activities generally fine, but long periods of sitting or standing would aggravate it.  Sitting in a car or on an office chair was probably giving me the most discomfort.  I never did get a cortisone shot just because I didn't want to.  

Sypmtom I've had my whole life, but thought it was me just not being flexible:  If i sat on a chair with my legs out in front of me, and I would bend forward, I could only go about half way until feeling a "block" if you will, and a pinching pain.  If i swung my right leg out to the side but left my left leg in front, I could go all the way forward. 

The internet is a beast when learning about surgery and people's experiences.  My injury, i feel, was quite simple.  I caught it right away and stopped doing what caused it.  Most people online have different injuries to different extents.  My FAI is not the same as your FAI, so always keep that in mind.  Also, everyone doesn't follow rehab properly or take the necessary steps, but they will never tell you that in their blog.  I agree some people may just have a bad surgery or bad luck, but again, trying to decipher which it was is impossible for someone reading a post online to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment