Friday, March 21, 2014

1. About Me and my blog - Please read first!!!!

This is my first blog ever, so please bear with me!! While doing research about FAI I saw a lot of posts about how terrible the surgery experience was and how terrible things were altogether.  I also realize that most people don't post online unless they're complaining.  I thought I'd start this from day 1 of surgery, so it would be unbiased.  I'll try and keep it updated, but forgive me if I lag behind.  The main purpose for this blog is to help others so that they can know more of what to expect during and after the surgery and to keep the anxious feelings to a minimum.  I know it's easy to have a nervous breakdown,  especially for things as serious as surgery,  so I hope that I can help put your mind at ease (depending on how everything goes).

If this blog helps you in any way,  please leave a comment as I'd love to hear about it and I'd love to know if this blog helps even one person or their mind at ease.

Now to get to know me.  I'm a 28 year old guy, and I love being outside.  I enjoy my job, and the people I work with.  Because of my job I'm not sure yet how long I will be off.   I have a toddler at home so being able to spend time with her once i'm walking about will be a good change of pace, but I know eventually I will be itching to get back to work.

My biggest fear was that this surgery would leave me worse off then I was with the original injury and not be able to return to my job.  I watched a video on youtube of the actual surgery, and realized that was a bad idea... whatever you do (if you are squeamish or not) do not watch it...  You really don't want to see what they do, it appears that there is no finesse at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment